Chris Collier shares ancient wisdom to help you re-program your life. You must reach greater levels in every area to reach your purpose and your passion!
1) First, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! When did you know that writing is what you were called to do? What is it about being a writer that you love the most? What about being a writer frustrates you the most?
Thanks, Jimmetta for having me, I greatly appreciate it! I learned the root word for Author, comes from the thought of authority, so everyone who writes has some form of authority in some realm or sphere.
What is I love most about being a writer is learning how to communicate the ideas and hope for transformation in others. What frustrates me the most is when I fail to get my point across really bothers me. One of my chief aims is to really help people transform into their desired goals
2) Can you tell us a little about your book(s) and where our readers can find out more about them and you?
My book is on Amazon It is called Programmed to Win Where Purpose and Passions Meet! It can be found here.
My book is found here: https://www.amazon.com/Programmed-Win-Where-Purpose-Passion-ebook/dp/B093LK3WG4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=LFWWZLNAZNPM&keywords=programmed+to+win&qid=1648164931&sprefix=prgrammed+to+win%2Caps%2C323&sr=8-2
3) Where do you draw your inspiration from for the stories that you manage to weave together and the characters that you create?
The Bible and self-improvement books really help the juices flow with my writing!
4) Do you have a schedule for when you write? Do you outline your novels? How long does it generally take you to finish a novel? What projects are you currently working on?
No it just usually flows when I get an idea I just go with it! No I don’t outline I just write until I get far enough along to develop it into a full project! It depends on my time and other commitments. Programmed to Win Where Objections and Opposition Cease.
5) What’s the first book you ever read that really moved you emotionally? Who is your favorite author to read? What book are you currently reading?
The first book is my favorite The Bible. Paul the Apostle is my favorite author. I’m currently reading a Few Traffic Secrets by Russel Brunson, Wisdom and Courage by Larry Jackson, and several books in the Bible!
6) What has been your most significant achievement as a writer thus far? Where do you see yourself within your career in the next five years?
Getting Published is by far the highest achievement for me and marketing my books. I see myself growing my publishing and speaking business to a 6 figure business!
7) How have you dealt with rejection within your writing career? What is your advice for other writers to better be able to cope or navigate their way through the publishing process, be it traditional or self-publishing?
I do not see it as rejection but as a learning process! My advice would be to always be growing in your writing and your thought process!
8) Do you find it hard to juggle the creative side of being a writer against the business side of being a writer, in terms of marketing and promotion and things of that nature? How hard has it been (or easy) for you to build up your author platform?
I do find it hard to promote and market my book. It has been an up hill climb.
9) So many writers say that they hate reading their own work. Do you ever enjoy reading your own work back to yourself after it’s out there for the rest of the world?
Yes I do enjoy it because I value the contents because I believe that it has the ingredients for massive transformation!
10) Do you believe that there is ever a point in life where it’s too late for an aspiring writer to become successful in this industry? Do you feel a late start would hinder their chances?
No, it is never too late Keep trying and pushing forward! No more experience gives them more credence for what they are saying!
11) I feel like writing is a remarkable tool to help people not only express themselves, but also to cope emotionally and mentally. I know for me I write to be and feel more authentic. What unique quality is there about you, about your art, that you feel represents your authenticity? How does writing help you to be more empowered in your purpose?
I feel like I try to communicate hope and the power to transform oneself. My purpose empowers me to write. I am trying to communicate my purpose and help others to walk in and find their purposes!