How To Put Together Your Own Book Blog Tour by Gillian Felix
When I published my first novel back in July of 2013, I knew nothing about book marketing. Then I discovered blog tours. Here’s a few quick tips to get you on your way to doing one yourself.
- Gather your promotional materials:.Jpgs, create a banner, your synopsis, excerpt, your biography and links. Links should include: purchase, newsletters, blog etc.
- Line up your hosts: Do a search for bloggers in your book’s genre. Before sending out a query to a blogger, be sure to check their review policies. Some may not be accepting reviews or tours at the moment. Bloggers has lives outside of the internet and sometimes they need to catch up.
- Query: Create your query letter, I suggest personalizing it for each blog host.
- Giveaway: It is always a good idea to do a giveaway, it gives you a much bigger social media push. Giveaways can include book swag, gift cards to Amazon or some book buying site, for you big spenders, an e-reader device like a Kindle or Nook, or simply a copy of your book. Rafflecopter makes it very easy to set up.
- Be organized: Keep track of the dates and blogs hosting your tour. I use Google calendar and an excel spreadsheet. Believe me when I say it will come in handy if you plan to do a tour for your next book.
- Be flexible: Be flexible with your tour dates, because if the blogger hosts tours for other tour companies, they may be booked, be willing to change your dates to accommodate them. It will be worth it. I’ve been hosted on blogs long after my tour had ended.
- During the tour: Be sure and stop by the blog and thank the host for having you and answer any questions or comments readers might have.
A little side note: Give smaller blogs who are just starting out a chance. They may have a smaller readership, but the post about your book may be the featured post for a longer time. Remember all or most blogs start off small, if you develop a relationship with the blog owner, you’ll have an in with them as they grow.
There you have it. With patience and time you can put together your own blog tour. It can be a great learning tool. Good luck. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for host for your tour, I’ll be happy to host you (-:
Are you looking for someone to host your tour or looking for help putting yours together? Stop by my blog http://plaintalkbm.com/ I’d love to hear from you.